from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To introduce a new rule, law, or system of organisation.
- v. To introduce a person or group of people to an organisation.
- v. To earn money for a company or for the family.
- v. To return a verdict in a court of law.
- v. To move something indoors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be sold for a certain price
- v. submit (a verdict) to a court
- v. bring in a new person or object into a familiar environment
- v. earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages
- v. transmit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.