American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See karakul.
- n. The black pelt of a prematurely born karakul sheep, having a flat surface with wavy markings.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the numerous species of old-world parrots, of the genus Platycercus.
- n. The hide or fur of a Persian lamb, formerly used in clothing etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the fur of a very young karakul lamb.
- n. a hardy coarse-haired sheep of central Asia; the lambs are valued for their soft curly black fur.
- n. hardy coarse-haired sheep of central Asia; lambs are valued for their soft curly black fur
- n. the fur of a very young karakul lamb
- From broad + tail. (Wiktionary)
“A fur called broadtail, for example, is the skin of fetal or newborn karakul lambs who have been beaten to death.”
“A broadtail lace evening coat was paired with a Venetian blue blouse and metal plisse skirt.”
“Will people buy Peter Som's broadtail coat from premature or newborn Karakul lambs -- think about that -- with its never-say-excess iridescent fox color?”
“Don't forget Persian lamb, broadtail, goat and other furs that are light and casual, so you can "dress them up or down, with jeans," says Ms. Landau, adding, "It's an easy glamour that you can wear even in California.”
“Mrs. Gorbachev, who had stepped off the plane the night before in what the press described as an “indescribable” fur, had on a very long, very chic, brown or liver-colored broadtail coat … belted in the back, collar turned up.”
“So why not make hat of skin of broadtail, should I catch him in”
“A woman with a broadtail coat, a heavy lace veil, pearl earrings, and a close black hat entered the restaurant.”
“While contemplating the Cafe Society world of New York around me, in came this extraordinary figure wearing ankle-strap shoes, a black broadtail suit with a big diamond pin on the shoulder, and a tall peaked hat veiled in black tulle.”
“So he pricked up his big mouse ears and expectantly smacked his broadtail on the floor.”
“Jerusalem, but in the richer pastures the cattle, though small, are not unsightly The common sheep of Palestine is the broadtail, with its varieties.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘broadtail’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
sheep and more sheep and some
slang for sheep,films that feature sheep ,have you heard of sheeple?
Everything sheep, from Artiodactyla to zodiac.
Looking for tweets for broadtail.