from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A freshwater game fish (Salvelinus fontinalis) of eastern North America. Also called speckled trout, squaretail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fish of the subspecies Salmo trutta fario, the brown trout.
- n. A fish of the species Salvelinus fontinalis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a delicious freshwater food fish
- n. North American freshwater trout; introduced in Europe
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.