from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various tropical American herbs of the genus Browallia, having blue, violet, or white flowers with united petals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the flowering plants of the genus Browallia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any of several herbs of the genus Browallia cultivated for their blue or violet or white flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of South American herbaceous plants, natural order Scrophulariaceæ, some species of which are cultivated for ornament.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several herbs of the genus Browallia cultivated for their blue or violet or white flowers
New Latin Browallia, genus name, after Bishop John Browall (1707-1755), Swedish botanist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)