from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a framework or grill upon which meat is laid to dry, or to be roasted
- v. to dry meat on such a frame
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wooden frame or grid for roasting, smoking, or drying meat over fire.
- n. A place where meat is smoked.
- n. Buccaned meat.
- transitive v. To expose (meat) in strips to fire and smoke upon a buccan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See bucan, bucaneer, bucaneerish.
Sorry, no etymologies found.