Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name loosely applied to certain varieties of different species of the genus Salmo, as of S. salar, S. trutta, S. cambricus.
- n. Salvelinus malma, of northern and western North America and Kamchatka.
GNU Webster's 1913
- In England, a large salmon trout of several species, as Salmo trutta and Salmo Cambricus, which ascend rivers; -- called also
- Salvelinus malma of California and Oregon; -- called also
Dolly Varden troutand red-spotted trout.
- The huso or salmon of the Danube.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘bull trout’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for bull trout.