from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports A minor league.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A professional sports association at the lower levels of minor league organization.
- n. A low-ranking or inferior level among groups, professions, organizations, etc.
- adj. Having inferior quality.
- adj. Amateurish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a league of teams that do not belong to a major league (especially baseball)
Sorry, no etymologies found.