from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An African antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus) having a reddish-brown coat with white markings and twisted horns. Also called harnessed antelope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus) that is found in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- n. Occasionally used for any relatives of above that share its inhabitant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. antelope with white harnesslike markings and twisted horns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name given to several species of the genus Tragelaphus, especially to T. sylvaticus, an antelope of Caffraria and Cape Colony, 4 feet long and 2½ feet high, with triangular subspiral horns.
- n. The harnessed antelope, Tragelaphus pictus; also, the rare T. bor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. antelope with white markings like a harness and twisted horns
Translation of Afrikaans bosbok : bos, bush + bok, buck.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)