from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who lives in the wilderness.
- n. An outlaw living in the Australian bush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A convict or outlaw who escapes to the bush to avoid capture; a roving bandit who lives in the bush.
- n. A person skilled in bushcraft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who roams, or hides, among the bushes; especially, in Australia, an escaped criminal living in the bush.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who ranges through or dwells in the bush or woods; a bush-whacker; specifically, in Australia, a criminal, generally an escaped convict, who takes to the bush or woods and leads a predatory life.
From bush + ranger. (Wiktionary)