Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Buzzard-like; resembling a buzzard; belonging to the group of hawks of which the genus Buteo is typical.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. relating to or resembling a hawk of the genus Buteo.
- n. any hawk of the genus Buteo.
- n. any hawk of the genus Buteo
- adj. relating to or resembling a hawk of the genus Buteo
“While unfortunately few phylogenetic studies include both species together, a comprehensive recent DNA-based phylogeny found the two to be well apart, with Polyboroides down with Old World vultures and honey buzzards, while Geranospiza was in the buteonine clade that also includes Buteo (of course) and Leucopternus (Lerner et al. 2005).”
“SL (2008) A new genus and species of buteonine hawk from Quaternary deposits in Bermuda”
“W cygnine swan W anatine duck 1862-1893 dacelonine kingfisher W OOsW didine dodo 1885 OW avine bird 1881 OW falconine falcon OW buteonine buzzard fringilline finch 1874 -”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘buteonine’.
birds with singular names from
at least 9 English dictionaries
List of words from phrontistery.info
the asethetic of an animal... animal adjectives
trips from El Nido
How would you describe your brother-in-law? Is he a tad bovine? Maybe there is something lacertilian about him? Or his business practices seem a little percesocine to you.
Looking for tweets for buteonine.