from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A joint formed by two abutting surfaces placed squarely together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A joint formed by adjacent, separate section of material, such as where two neighboring pieces of insulation abut.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A joint in which the edges or ends of the pieces united come squarely together instead of overlapping. See 1st butt, 8.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as butting-joint.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
From butt2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)