American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A joint formed by two abutting surfaces placed squarely together.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as butting-joint.
- n. construction A joint formed by adjacent, separate section of material, such as where two neighboring pieces of insulation abut.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A joint in which the edges or ends of the pieces united come squarely together instead of overlapping. See 1st butt, 8.
- n. a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
- From butt2. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘butt joint’.
Looking for tweets for butt joint.