from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small, brightly colored tropical marine fishes of the family Chaetodontidae, having deep flattened bodies and a single dorsal fin.
- n. Any of various fishes with broad winglike fins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any fish of the family Chaetodontidae.
- n. Pantodon buchholzi, a small brown fish of western African streams, often found in aquariums.
- n. butterfly cod (Pterois volitans)
- n. ocellated blenny (Opisthocentrus ocellatus)
- n. flying gurnard (Dactyloptena orientalis)
- n. Exocoetus volitans, a flying fish of the Atlantic.
- n. a chiton, a mollusc of the class Polyplacophora.
- n. any of several brightly colored fishes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.