from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of certain orchids, including Epidendrum tampense of Florida, Habenaria psycodes of eastern North America, and Oncidium krameranum and O. pupilio of tropical America, having showy, brightly colored flowers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. orchid of Florida and the Bahamas having showy brightly colored flowers; sometimes placed in genus Epidendrum
- n. Mediterranean orchid having usually purple flowers with a fan-shaped spotted or striped rose-red lip
- n. any orchid of the genus Psychopsis: spectacular large tiger-striped orchids
- n. Mexican epiphytic orchid having pale green or yellow-green flowers with white purple-veined lip
- n. any orchid of the genus Oncidium: characterized by slender branching sprays of small yellow and brown flowers; often grown as houseplants
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.