from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Obsolete form of kebab.
- v. Obsolete form of kebab.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small piece of mutton or other meat roasted on a skewer; -- so called in Turkey and Persia.
- n. A leg of mutton roasted, stuffed with white herrings and sweet herbs.
- transitive v. To roast, as a cabob.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Oriental dish consisting of small pieces of beef or mutton, seasoned with pepper, salt, ginger, etc., and basted with oil and garlic while being roasted on a skewer or spit, sweet herbs being sometimes placed between the pieces.
- n. An Anglo-Indian name for roast meat in general.
- n. A leg of mutton stuffed with white herrings and sweet herbs.
- n. Also spelled kabab, cobob.
- To make cabob of; roast, as a leg of mutton, with savory herbs, spices, etc., at a quick fire. Also spelled kabab, cobob.
Sorry, no etymologies found.