Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having caducous branchiæ or gills; losing the gills on attaining maturity: applied to amphibians such as the newts, as distinguished from perennibranchiate amphibians.
- n. One of the Caducibranchiata. Also caducibranch.
- adj. zoology With temporary gills; applied to those amphibians in which the gills do not remain in adult life.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) With temporary gills: -- applied to those Amphibia in which the gills do not remain in adult life.
- Latin caducus falling (from cadere to fall) + English branchiate. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘caducibranchiate’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for caducibranchiate.