from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing salts of lime, as in the formation of eggshells in birds and reptiles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to calcification
- adj. Of or pertaining to the formation of eggshells in birds and reptiles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Calciferous. Specifically: (Zoöl.) of or pertaining to the portion of the oviduct which forms the eggshell in birds and reptiles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and anatomy, calcifying or calcified; that makes or is converted into chalk or other salt of lime: as, a calcific deposit in cartilage or membrane in the process of forming bone; a calcific process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving or resulting from calcification
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Ultrasound is also being used for image guided therapeutic injections to treat conditions such as calcific tendinitis and neuromas.
This article outlines the surgical management of the most common painful conditions that affect the shoulder, including impingement, rotator cuff tear, frozen shoulder, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and calcific tendonitis.
Patients with MS have markers of inflammation, and calcific deposits in the central nervous system, but rarely do practicing neurologists seriously attempt to determine the cause of MS.
The patient was a 58-year-old male with severe calcific multivessel and left main disease with severe LV dysfunction (LVEF of 25%).
Keep in mind that structural imbalances will almost always accompany a calcific bursitis.
Calcific Tendonitis: Diagnosis and Treatment | Yoga and Meditation Frozen Shoulder which is the common term when referring to calcific tendonitis, which people suffer from very often.
Read more about tendonitis frozen shoulder When to Begin Treating Different Types Cacific Tendonitis Have you recently been diagnosed with calcific tendonitis and your wonder what it is?
Ultrasound-guided non-surgical therapy significantly reduces pain from calcific tendonitis of the ro ...
Inflammation of a tendon triggered by calcium deposits, or calcific tendinitis, can effectively be t ...
Oftentimes, calcific tendinitis occurs without symptoms, especially if the deposits develop within the tendons deeply enough that they don '
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.