American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A colorless deliquescent powder, Ca(H2PO4)2, used in baking powders, as a plant food, as a plastic stabilizer, and in glass.
- n. A white crystalline powder, CaHPO4, used as an animal food, as a plastic stabilizer, and in glass and toothpaste.
- n. A white amorphous powder, Ca3(PO4)2, used in ceramics, rubber, fertilizers, and plastic stabilizers and as a food supplement.
- n. inorganic chemistry The calcium salt or phosphoric acid, Ca3(PO4)2, or of several related acids; it is the main mineral of bone
- n. a phosphate of calcium; a main constituent of animal bones
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘calcium phosphate’.
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
Looking for tweets for calcium phosphate.