from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To build in the form of a vault; to arch over.
- v. To divide into chambers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To build in the form of a vault; to arch over.
- intransitive v. To divide into chambers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To build in the form of an arch or vault.
- Same as camerated.
The internal pneumatic structures of the sacral vertebrae are not as complex as those of the dorsal vertebrae, being more camerate than camellate [16: 346].
This contact preserves the distinctive somphospondylus internal bone texture found in the sacral vertebrae, dominated by large camerate vacuities.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.