from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Camouflage fabric or a garment made of it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pattern on clothing consisting of irregularly shaped patches that are either greenish/brownish, brownish/whitish, or bluish/whitish, as used by ground combat forces.
- n. Clothes made from camouflage fabric, for concealment in combat or hunting.
- v. To camouflage.
- v. To put on camouflage clothing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background
The only thing that I own in camo is hunting gear.
Like you I love anything camo but other than using blind material as a table cloth during camp, some underwear and a few knick knacks the rest of my camo is my hunting gear/outerwear.
They run right around $100 depending on if you want them in camo or not.
I'm with most everyone here, how do you mistake a hunter in camo for a all black head bobbing bird?
You will Women in camo and doing the same thing the Men are doing and most of the time if not more doing it better!
My ideal woman is someone who looks great even in camo, makes me proud if she beats me in trap or in the field, and understands what a "rack" is, hanging on the wall next to her turkey fan mount by the fireplace as we curl up together warmed by the fire.
Nearby, a team of glowering, mustachioed Hungarians in camo pants and combat boots was having a disastrous morning, shattering a stack of plates before the meal service even began and struggling to get a complicated vegetable-and-cod appetizer cooked all the way through.
Why would you take such a classic throwback like a muzzleloading shotgun and dip the stock in camo?
Sitting dead still in any neutral color or camo is the best camo in any location, and AP HD isn't exactly my favorite pattern, but I agree that it's dead on for much of Ohio's deer woods.
Actually the old Marine WW II South Pacific type camo is not bad in this area.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.