from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Camouflage fabric or a garment made of it.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pattern on clothing consisting of irregularly shaped patches that are either greenish/brownish, brownish/whitish, or bluish/whitish, as used by ground combat forces.
- n. Clothes made from camouflage fabric, for concealment in combat or hunting.
- v. To camouflage.
- v. To put on camouflage clothing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background
Short for camouflage.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From camouflage, by shortening (Wiktionary)