from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The conversion of a river or other waterway to a canal.
- n. The management of something using defined channels of communication.
- n. The ability of a genotype to produce the same phenotype regardless of variability of its environment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. management through specified channels of communication
- n. the production of a canal or a conversion to canals
canalise + -ation (Wiktionary)