from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Canara, a district of British India.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to either of two districts in western India, called respectively North and South Canara (or Kanara).
- n. singular and plural A native or natives of either of these districts.
- n. A language of the Dravidian group, nearly allied to Telugu, being one of several languages spoken in these districts, and over a large tract as far north as Bidar. Also called Karnata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a Kannada-speaking group of people living chiefly in Kanara in southern India
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.