American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Sucrose obtained from sugar cane.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sugar obtained from the sugar-cane, as distinguished from beet-root sugar, grape-sugar, starch-sugar, etc. See sugar.
- n. A general name for saccharose, C12H22O11, whether derived from cane, sorghum, sugar-beet, or maple, to distinguish it from the glucoses, milk-sugar, maltose, etc.
- n. Sugar obtained from the sugarcane plant
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. sugar made from the sugar cane; sucrose, or an isomeric sugar. See Sucrose.
- n. sucrose obtained from sugar cane
- n. sugar from sugarcane used as sweetening agent
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cane sugar’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
discharge lamp, correlation matrix, obidoxime chloride, withdrawal symptom, ipratropium bromide, book lung, zirconium dioxide, octane number, acetyl group, computer accessory, pinto bean, regression equation and 480 more...
A list of sweet foods and adjectives.
Looking for tweets for cane sugar.