from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pasta in large-sized tubes.
- n. A dish consisting of such tubes stuffed with meat, vegetables, or cheese and baked in a tomato or cream sauce.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Wide tubes of pasta filled with a savoury stuffing and baked in the oven.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a tubular pasta filled with meat or cheese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tubular pasta filled with meat or cheese
Italian, pl. of cannellone, tubular soup noodle, from cannello, small tube, diminutive of canna, reed, from Latin; see cane.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Italian cannelloni, from Latin canna ("reed"). (Wiktionary)