from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supporting bone of the leg in some hoofed mammals, analogous to the metacarpus of the hand or the metatarsus of the foot in humans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bone resulting from the fusion of metacarpals or metatarsals in some artiodactyls.
- n. The metacarpal of a horse.
- n. The metatarsal of a horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See Canon Bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In farriery and vet, surg., one of the functional and complete metacarpal or metatarsal bones of a hoofed quadruped, supporting the weight of the body upon the feet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. greatly developed metatarsal or metacarpal bone in the shank or cannon part of the leg in hoofed mammals
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.