from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The body of officially established rules governing the faith and practice of the members of a Christian church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The law of the church, religious law.
- n. A regulation in church law.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See under Law.
- n. the body of ecclesiastical law adopted in the Christian Church, certain portions of which (for example, the law of marriage as existing before the Council of Tent) were brought to America by the English colonists as part of the common law of the land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the body of codified laws governing the affairs of a Christian church
Sorry, no etymologies found.