from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a European weed (Hypochaeris radicata) widely naturalized in North America, having yellow flower heads and leaves resembling a cat's ears.
- n. a type of low-growing, creeping plant (Arctotheca calendulaceae), used as a ground cover in warm climates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The archil lichen, Roccella tinctoria: so called from the Cape Verd islands, whence the article is exported.
- n. In Australia, the Cryptostemma calendulacea; a composite plant of South Africa (the Cape), allied to the marigold, which has become extensively naturalized in some districts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. European weed widely naturalized in North America having yellow flower heads and leaves resembling a cat's ears
Sorry, no etymologies found.