from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The total amount of stock authorized for issue by a corporation, including common and preferred stock.
- n. The total stated or par value of the permanently invested capital of a corporation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The total amount of common and preferred stock (shares) that a company can issue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. money, property, or stock invested in any business, or the enterprise of any corporation or institution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the book value of the outstanding shares of a corporation
- n. the maximum number of shares authorized under the terms of a corporation's articles of incorporation
Sorry, no etymologies found.