from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of capelin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of capelin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See capelin.
- n. The cap or coupling of a flail, through which the thongs pass which connect the handle and swingel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cap or band of leather on a flail through which the thongs pass that connect the swingel to the staff. Also capling.
- n. A fish, formerly referred to the Salmonidæ under the name Salmo arcticus, now known as Mallotus villosus, and assigned to the smelt family, Argentinidœ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. very small northern fish; forage for sea birds and marine mammals and other fishes
Sorry, no etymologies found.