American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See methanol.
- n. An alcohol derived from methanol.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Methyl alcohol, CH3OH. The name is used almost exclusively in designating derivatives of methyl alcohol: as, triphenyl carbinol, (C6H5)3COH.
- n. obsolete, organic chemistry, uncountable The compound methanol.
- n. obsolete, organic chemistry, countable Any substituted methanol.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) Methyl alcohol, CH3OH; -- also, by extension, any one in the homologous series of paraffine alcohols of which methyl alcohol is the type.
“•Indole 3 carbinol -- A nutritional compound found in cruciferous vegetables broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, cauliflower, eggplant that helps hormone regulation.”
“Thank you. cosmeceuticals vitamin k zim natures life vitamin c powder probiotic murad vitamin c treatment casserole toni watchers friends indole 3 carbinol edible seduced by evil aptamil acidophilus trans am t shirt”
“Trimethyl carbinol or tertiary butyl alcohol, (CH_3) _3·COH, is the simplest tertiary alcohol, and was obtained by A. Butlerow in 1864 by acting with zinc methyl on acetyl chloride (see A.COHOLS).”
“It is a liquid, smelling like fusel oil and boiling at 108. 4° C. Methyl ethyl carbinol, C._3·C.2H_5·C.OH, is the secondary alcohol derived from n-butane.”
“Also, Celanese of Dallas is raising price by 3â¢/lb for paraformaldehyde, 5â¢/lb for acetic acid, ethyl acetate, vinyl acetate monomer, methyl isobutyl carbinol and methyl isobutyl ketone and 8â¢/lb for acetic anhydride.”
“This was probably due to the toxic effect of the compound since in vitro growth of C. albicans in the wells was absent, and in vivo activity of the compound within the worms did not permit formation of Dose-response of infected worms to malachite green carbinol base indicating toxicity beyond the EC doi: 10.1371/journal. pone.0007025.g005”
“â¢Indole 3 carbinol -- A nutritional compound found in cruciferous vegetables broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, cauliflower, eggplant that helps hormone regulation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘carbinol’.
Looking for tweets for carbinol.