from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See methanol.
- n. An alcohol derived from methanol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compound methanol.
- n. Any substituted methanol.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Methyl alcohol, CH3OH; -- also, by extension, any one in the homologous series of paraffine alcohols of which methyl alcohol is the type.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Methyl alcohol, CH3OH. The name is used almost exclusively in designating derivatives of methyl alcohol: as, triphenyl carbinol, (C6H5)3COH.
Sorry, no etymologies found.