American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Physics See carbon-nitrogen cycle.
- n. Ecology The combined processes, including photosynthesis, decomposition, and respiration, by which carbon as a component of various compounds cycles between its major reservoirs—the atmosphere, oceans, and living organisms.
- n. the physical cycle of carbon through the Earth’s biosphere, geosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere that includes such processes as photosynthesis, decomposition, respiration and carbonification.
- n. a thermonuclear reaction in the interior of stars
- n. the organic circulation of carbon from the atmosphere into organisms and back again
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘carbon cycle’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
AA battery, aa lava, aapa mire, abandon the project, abandon the sewer..., abandoned car, abandoned dyke, abandoned farm, abandoned field, abandoned industr..., abandoned industr..., abandoned land and 5386 more...
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
Looking for tweets for carbon cycle.