American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A number, such as 3 or 11 or 412, used in counting to indicate quantity but not order.
- n. A number used to denote quantity; a counting number.
- n. mathematics A generalized kind of number used to denote the size of a set, including infinite sets.
- n. grammar A word that expresses a countable quantity; a cardinal numeral.
- n. the number of elements in a mathematical set; denotes a quantity but not the order
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘cardinal number’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for cardinal number.