from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quantity that a car can hold.
- n. The official minimum weight necessary to ship freight at a reduced rate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The contents of an automobile (passengers, supplies, etc.) for one trip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the amount of cargo that can be held by a boat or ship or a freight car
- n. a gathering of passengers sufficient to fill an automobile
car + load (Wiktionary)