American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The dried bark of the cascara buckthorn, used as a laxative.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Holy bark; the bark of the California buckthorn (Rhamnus Purshianus), used as a mild cathartic or laxative; -- called also
- n. dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative
- Spanish holy bark. (Wiktionary)
- American Spanish cáscara sagrada : Spanish cáscara, bark + Spanish sagrada, sacred. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cascara sagrada’.
List of plant names (common or scientific) that go trippingly off the tongue, are fun to contemplate, expose the wit of the namer, or just plain befuddle.
tongueshape mudmi..., glandular maiden ..., jeweled maiden fern, stately maiden fern, hairy maiden fern, downy maiden fern, widespread maiden..., turkey tangle fog..., yankeeweed, clitoria fragrans, clitoria mariana, tall tumblemustard and 261 more...
Looking for tweets for cascara sagrada.