from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Necrotic degeneration of bodily tissue into a soft, cheeselike substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A necrotic degeneration of tissue to a cheese-like condition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A degeneration of animal tissue into a cheesy or curdy mass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The coagulation of milk.
- n. In pathology, transformation into a dull cheese-like mass, as in pus, tubercle, etc.
From Latin cāseus, cheese.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)