from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The pattern of income and expenditures, as of a company or person, and the resulting availability of cash: The city improved its cash flow by borrowing against future revenues.
- n. The cash receipts or net income from one or more assets for a given period, reckoned after taxes and other disbursements, and often used as a measure of corporate worth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sum of cash revenues and expenditures over a period of time.
- n. A statement of such transactions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the excess of cash revenues over cash outlays in a give period of time (not including non-cash expenses)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.