from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plain or twilled woolen cloth used for suits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Obsolete spelling of cashmere.
- n. A thin, lightweight twilled woolen fabric, also spelled kerseymere.
- n. An inexpensive version of this fabric, made with a cotton warp and a wool weft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thin, twilled, woolen cloth, used for men's garments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woolen cloth about 30 inches in width, used for men's wear; specifically, a twilled cloth of the above description, used principally for trousers.
Variant of cashmere.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)