from The Century Dictionary.
- noun (Salisbury, 1805.) In botany, see
- noun A genus of bivalve mollusks, of the family Iridinidæ, confined to the fresh waters of South America. The best-known species is C. ambigua. The genus was founded by Lamarck in 1819.
- noun A genus of chætopodous annelids, of the family Hesionidæ.
- noun A genus of coleopterous insects.
- noun A genus of lepidopterous insects.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word castalia.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.