American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various wild felines, such as the leopard or a wildcat.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as catamount.
- Like a wildcat; ferocious; wildly savage: as, “cat-a-mountain looks,”
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. the bushy-tailed European wildcat (Felis silvestris) resembling the domestic tabby and regarded as the ancestor of the domestic cat.
- n. bushy-tailed wildcat of Europe that resembles the domestic cat and is regarded as the ancestor of the domestic cat
- Alteration of cat of the mountain. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for catamountain.