from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of catechize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To instruct by asking questions, receiving answers, and offering explanations and corrections, -- esp. in regard to points of religious faith.
- transitive v. To question or interrogate; to examine or try by questions; -- sometimes with a view to reproof, by eliciting from a person answers which condemn his own conduct.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give religious instructions to
- v. examine through questioning and answering
Sorry, no etymologies found.