from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Toward the tail or posterior end of the body; caudally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. backwards; toward the tail or posterior part
- adv. towards the feet (only in humans)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Backwards; toward the tail or posterior part.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward the tail; backward in the long axis of the body; in the opposite direction from cephalad.
Latin cauda, tail + -ad.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin cauda tail + ad to. (Wiktionary)