Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hollow-horned, as a ruminant; specifically, of or pertaining to the Cavicornia.
- n. A hollow-horned ruminant; specifically, one of the Cavicornia.
- adj. zoology Having hollow horns
- n. zoology Any animal having hollow horns, but especially any ruminant of the family Cavicornia
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Having hollow horns.
“With regard to the second question, it is a matter of importance that although we have hitherto not discovered any Ruminants with this modification of the teeth, still less any cavicorn or sheath-horned”
“Ruminants -- including the giraffes, the antler-bearing forms called deer, the cavicorn or sheath-horned bovines, ovines and caprines, and the large series of antelopes of Africa and India -- all have precisely this form of jaw, this number and shape and grouping of the teeth.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cavicorn’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for cavicorn.