from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Currency unit (hundredth of a peso) in Mexico
- n. A similar subdenomination of various other currencies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a fractional monetary unit of several countries such as El Salvador, St. Thomas and Principe, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, the Philippines, and Portugal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cent, or hundredth part of a dollar or peso, in Chili, Paraguay, Venezuela, Manila, etc.
- n. A current coin of Bolivia, the hundredth part of a boliviano.
- n. A current coin of Ecuador, the hundredth part of a sucre, equal to forty-nine hundredths of a United States cent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fractional monetary unit of several countries: El Salvador and Sao Tome and Principe and Brazil and Argentina and Bolivia and Colombia and Cuba and the Dominican Republic and Ecuador and El Salvador and Guatemala and Honduras and Mexico and Nicaragua and Peru and the Philippines and Portugal
Spanish, hundredth, from Latin centum, hundred.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)