from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An old copper coin of Italy and Spain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A copper coin of Italy and Spain equivalent to a centime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the monetary system of Italy, the hundredth part of a lira; in that of Spain, the hundredth of a peseta: in both equal to the French centime, the hundredth part of a franc, or about one fifth of a United States cent.
- n. A money of account in some South American countries, about equal to a United States cent. In the Argentine Republic and Uruguay it is the hundredth part of a peso; in Peru, of a sol.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fractional monetary unit of several countries: Panama and Italy and Uruguay and Chile
Spanish centésimo, hundredth, from Latin centēsimus; see centesimal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Italian and Spanish. (Wiktionary)