from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hydrous silicate of cerium (and other metals).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gastropod shell belonging to the family Cerithiïdæ; -- so called from its hornlike form.
- n. A mineral of a brownish of cherry-red color, commonly massive. It is a hydrous silicate of cerium and allied metals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rare mineral, a hydrated silicate of cerium, of a pale rose-red or clove-brown color, and having a dull resinous luster, occurring only in an abandoned copper-mine at Riddarhyttan in Sweden.
- n. A gastropod of the genus Cerithium or family Cerithiidæ.
Sorry, no etymologies found.