Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In general, of or pertaining to the Cestoidea; being or resembling a tapeworm; tæniate.
- More particularly, applied to the adult in distinction from the cystic state of a tænia, not cysticercoid nor hydatid, as a tapeworm.
- Also cestoideous.
- n. One of the Cestoidea. Also called cestoidean.
- n. Any of the parasitic flatworms of the class Cestoda.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Cestoidea; cestoidean
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Of or pertaining to the Cestoidea.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cestoid’.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for cestoid.