from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Work looped or linked after the manner of a chain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work looped or linked after the manner of a chain; chain stitch work.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A style of textile fabric consisting of a succession of loops, used in hosiery and tambour-work. See chain-stitch.
- n. In decorative art:
- n. An ornament of chains meeting one another and interlinking, so as to form a sort of net.
- n. Any carved or embossed work resembling intersecting links or overlapping chains.
- n. Metal-work consisting of interlacing or intertwined rings or loops, as in chain-mail.
chain + work (Wiktionary)