Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Chalcis, the chief city of the Greek island sometimes called Egripo and Negropont, but now bearing its ancient name Eubœa.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Chalcis.
- n. An insect of the family Chalcididæ. Also chalcid.
- Belonging to or having the characters of the lizards called Chalcididæ. See Chalcididæ.
- n. A lizard of the family Chalcididæ. Also chalcid.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) One of a tropical family of snakelike lizards (
Chalcidæ), having four small or rudimentary legs.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘chalcidian’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for chalcidian.