from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dark gray mineral, essentially Cu2S, that is an important ore of copper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Cuprous sulphide, Cu2S, an important ore of copper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Native copper sulphide, called also copper glance, and vitreous copper; a mineral of a black color and metallic luster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native copper sulphid (Cu2S), a mineral of a lead-gray to black color and metallic luster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a heavy grey mineral that is an ore of copper
Alteration of obsolete chalcosine, from Greek khalkos, copper.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)