from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a disability or impairment.
- adj. Deficient or lacking: an ethically challenged politician.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of challenge.
- adj. Lacking some physical or mental attribute or skill; used after adverbs to make politically correct adjectives.
- adj. Used following adverbs to make jocular adjectives in imitation of and mocking politically correct adjectives of this kind, as "X-challenged" = "lacking X".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having doubts expressed about its truth.
- adj. handicapped or disabled; -- used as a euphemism, especially in combinations.
Sorry, no etymologies found.