from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Material on which instruments, books, etc., are written; parchment or paper.
- n. A charter or deed; a writing by which a grant is made. See magna charta.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Literally, a paper or parchment; a charter. See chart.
- n. Hence— A general term for any fundamental constitution which guarantees personal rights and civil privileges.
- n. In pharm.; A folded paper containing a powder; also, a dose of any medicinal powder.
- n. A piece of bibulous paper impregnated with some medicinal substance.
Sorry, no etymologies found.